Start building your perfect tools with the Raycast API.
Welcome, developers! Our docs cover guides, examples, references, and more to help you build extensions and share them with our community and your team.
The Raycast Platform consists of two parts:
- API: This allows developers to build rich extensions with React, Node.js, and TypeScript. The docs explain how to use the API to build top-notch experiences.
- Store: This lets developers share their extensions with all Raycast users. You'll learn how to publish your extension.
Here are a few points that make our ecosystem special:
- Powerful and familiar tooling: Extensions are built with TypeScript, React, and Node. Leverage npm's ecosystem to quickly build what you imagine.
- No-brainer to build UI: You concentrate on the logic, we push the pixels. Use our built-in UI components to be consistent with all our extensions.
- Collaborate with our community: Build your extension, share it with our community, and get inspired by others.
- Developer experience front and foremost: A strongly typed API, hot-reloading, and modern tooling that makes it a blast to work with.
- Easy to start, flexible to scale: Start with a simple script, add a static UI or use React to go wild. Anything goes.
A quick overview about where to find what in our docs:
Now, let's build 💪